Monday, August 22, 2011

Backgrounds!


I definitely tend to try and avoid ever using pure black or white in my own backgrounds that I do, especially avoiding black lines.  This ensures that when I place a black-line character on top they are assured to always stand out.  The majority of these images were done in Flash, which I tend to default to simply because of how easy it is to integrate with the actual animations, and that I quite like the style besides!

Sci Fi and science-y locations I tend to be drawn to especially, as it's a great opportunity to just make things up and really push the styles.



This one was an attempt at Kamino from Star Wars:  Episode II.



But it can be just as great to try and put an interesting stylized spin on realistic sorts of places that we see from day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment